MENU

Businesses evacuated due to gas leak in Saginaw County

Saginaw gas leak 3.jpg
Three businesses were evacuated Wednesday afternoon due to a gas leak according to the Maple Grove Township Fire Chief Pat Andres. (Photo Credit: Charles Crouse)

SAGINAW COUNTY, Mich. --Three businesses were evacuated Wednesday afternoon due to a gas leak according to the Maple Grove Township Fire Chief Pat Andres.

According to Saginaw County 911 Director Randy Pfau, M-57 has been shut down between Briggs and Bueche roads as crew work to repair the leak.

Chief Andres says construction was taking place in the area when a main was ruptured.

Pfau says crews are in the area to repair the leak but it’s not known how long it will take to fix.