Here’s a fun experiment you can do at home: It's called magnetic putty.
Eardell Johnson with the Flint Children's Museum came to our studio to show us an experiment that can lead to a bit of a mess.
Coffee is a lifesaver for many people working early shifts or just needing an energy kick.
In our ‘Science Club’ segment, we saw first-hand how caffeine can differ in different types of coffee... And the process it takes to create the perfect cup of java.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXPERIMENTS:
- 1/4 cup liquid starch
- 1/4 cup glue
- 2 tablespoons Iron oxide powder
- Neodymium magnets
- Mix the starch and the iron powder in the bowl until the powder has dissolved.
- Add the glue and stir until the mixture is slimy.
- Pour out extra liquid.
- 1Pour water into the bowl.
- Add cornstarch and stir until mixture is gooey.
- PLAY! Try rolling it into a ball and holding it in the palm of your hand!